Tech Mahindra will pay $110 million to acquire U.S.-based CJS Solutions.

SAN FRANCISCO (Diya TV) — Mumbai-based Tech Mahindra announced this week the finalization of the company’s acquisition of U.S.-based healthcare IT consulting firm CJS Solutions for $110 million.

Tech Mahindra, India’s fifth-largest IT company, said the acquisition will complete over a period of the next three years.

Mahindra will pay nearly $90 million in up-front costs in the deal, this will give the company an 85 percent ownership stake in CJS Solutions. The remaining 15 percent will be bought out over the next three years. CJS Solutions, which operates under the HCI Group, specializes in the implementation of electronic medical records software.

Healthcare and life science reportedly represent seven percent of Tech Mahindra’s total revenues, expanding further into the healthcare field has been the focus of the company’s executives for some time. Current executives believe the acquisition of CJS Solutions will aid the Indian firm to accelerate their home nation’s development.

The first round of payments is expected to be made by the end of April, this year.

Indian companies have focused less on U.S. acquisitions in the wake of anticipated crackdowns on America’s visa program, as they are the largest beneficiaries of the H-1B visa program. President Donald Trump’s administration recently announced temporarily suspension of its premium processing service for H-1B visas.