WASHINGTON (Diya TV) — Early indications are that President Trump would like to fill the Supreme Court seat of the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg with a conservative female, like Judge Amy Coney Barrett. But Judge Amul Thapar is also considered among the top choices, along with Judge Neomi Rao and either judge could become the first Indian American and Asian American justice on the nation’s highest court.
The Indians for Biden National Council announced 16 Indian American leaders have joined their effort to reach Indian American communities in battleground states. The Advisory Board includes:
- U.S. Congressman Raja Krishnamoorthi of Illinois
- Nisha Biswal, President of U.S.-India Business Council
- Ronnie Chatterji, candidate for North Carolina State Treasurer
- Sen. Jay Chaudhuri of North Carolina
- Sen. Manka Dhingra of Washington
- Rep. Vin Gopal of New Jersey
- Raj Goyle, former Kansas state legislator and co-founder of Indian American Impact Fund
- Sen. Ghazala Hashmi of Virginia
- Nisha Jain, Vice President, GBAO
- Varun Krovi, Chief of Staff to U.S. Congresswoman Brenda Lawrence
- Rep. Nima Kulkarni of Kentucky
- Rep. Padma Kuppa of Michigan
- Seema Nanda, former CEO of the Democratic National Committee
- Shekar Narasimhan, Democracy Alliance member and Chairman and Founder of AAPI Victory Fund
- Former Vice Mayor Anu Natarajan of Fremont, California
- Sonal Shah, Economic Policy Advisor for the Biden Unity Task Force
As broadcast on Diya TV, the Hindu American Foundation held their annual advocacy forum, a two day event discussing Hindu Human Rights around the world and local and state issues affecting Hindu Americans.
The late Harris County, Texas Sheriffs Deputy Sandeep Singh Dhaliwal was honored by Congress, who named a post office after him in houston.
provides that the post office located at 315 Addicks Howell Road in Houston will be named the “Deputy Sandeep Singh Dhaliwal Post Office.” The bill was co-sponsored by the entire Texas delegation, according to a news release from the Sikh Coalition.
Ravi Kapur contributed to this report.